Lifespan: 35 to 50 years
Portland OR | Gresham OR | Beaverton OR | Vancouver WA
Tile Roofing has durability and offers energy cost savings. Roof tiles come in several colors, shapes, and sizes. Concrete and clay roof tile manufacturers can produce tiles to suit any architectural style, from authentic Spanish and Mediterranean to New England Colonial, historic, or contemporary. They can be flat or round, look like wood shakes, or replicate centuries-old roofing materials. There are a variety of options to choose from.
Ready for a FREE estimate?
Click below, and you’ll receive a call back in 30 minutes or less during normal business hours!
Advantages of Tile Roofing
- Long-lasting and durable. A tile roof can last over 100 years, especially when installed in the right climate. Clay and concrete tile roofs have been known to withstand hail, high winds, and even fire. Manufacturers Typically offer a 50-year warranty.
- Variety of options. Clay, concrete, and slate tiles come in a wide variety of colors and styles to match any home style, from Medieval to Contemporary European. Some styles even resemble traditional shingles or wood shakes.
- Will not rot or have insect damage. Unlike wood, tiles roofs will never decay.
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient materials. Tile roofs are made from earth minerals, not chemicals, and can be ground up and recycled when they are removed. They are energy efficient, the heavy thermal mass of tiles will help regulate indoor temperatures.
- Low maintenance and minimal future costs for repair. Leaks are almost unheard of, and it is very rare for tile roofs to require repairs or maintenance unless they break due to heavy impact.
Disadvantages of Tile Roofing
- Difficult installation. Installing tile roofing requires extensive experience. The tiles will need to be measured, laid in a specific pattern, and checked so that no moisture gets through.
- Heavyweight. Your roof structure needs to be able to handle the weight of a tile roof, this can be as much as 850 pounds per square for clay tile and 950 pounds per square for concrete tile. When you compare an asphalt roof, it typically weighs around 225 to 350 pounds per square. If you’re replacing shingle roofing with tiles, you should seek the insight of an engineer to determine if there are structural reinforcement requirements, which will add to the cost.
- Tiles can be broken. While very durable, clay tiles, slate, and concrete tiles can be broken if they suffer a heavy impact, such as from falling tree branches, or the pressure of walking on them. Repairs, when needed, can be expensive.
- Not suitable for all roof slopes. Tile roofs are suitable only for roofs with relatively sharp slopes.
We offer no pressure free inspection and estimate. Our clients appreciate the professionalism of our knowledgeable staff. When you call us out to inspect/estimate your roof we will provide you with a free estimate for repairs or replacement.
Tile Roofing In Portland OR and Gresham OR
SERVING CLIENTS IN THE GREATER PORTLAND OR & VANCOUVER WA AREAS: